Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Left Behind!

Sorry for the blog gap! I've gotten some interesting e-mails from friends wondering what's happened to us!! I always thought "No news is good news!" Everything's great and the harbor's been packed with boats. Time slips away down here! Daren's still commuting to Modesto every other 2 weeks, and Libby and I stay busy with projects. Bill and Diane on Tugnacious left Monday, and JoElla drove her car up to Jacksonville. Gary left with their boat Caveat yesterday, and I miss them all already! Lots of boats are leaving the harbor because of the fair weather. The wind blows ALL the time around here, which is why it's so nice in the summer. Libby and I are working on new interior cushions out of Sunbrella velvet, which is washable. Daren hates slipcovers, but these I can peel off and throw in the wash! We've been meeting lots of nice new people and last night, I went to a potluck at the chiki hut, which was a fare-well to departing boats! This morning looked like a boat parade! Soon we'll be among a few dozen boats instead of a few hundred!

No comments:

Post a Comment