Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stay sail!

    Yesterday was a big day!  Daren went up the mast to install a new cable (stay) for a stay sail, which makes us a cutter rig instead of a sloop, with more sail area.  Our nice neighbor, Bert, helped winch Daren up the mast, and the sail looks great!  We went for a late lunch and, after we got home,  I tripped off the boat and into the water!  (NO, I wasn't drinking!)  It was a slow-motion kind of thing and my watch scraped up my arm real good before it broke off and went to the bottom!  Daren said I don't need a watch anyway, but I was REALLY glad my cell phone wasn't in my pocket!  My hero (Daren!) pulled me out and I was bummed thinking maybe I'm too old for this!  He remembered that I fell in once before 28 yrs ago, when he was at the top of the mast at a marina in Jacksonville, so I guess that should make me feel better!  Anyway, no real harm done!  Now the score is:  Pete-6, Libby-4, Nancy-1!  Daren's still unsinkable!  : )
      Today, I worked on varnish and paint, and Daren built shelves for DVD's and books.  Varnishing is frustrating, as I keep finding DOG HAIRS in it!   
      Sue and Al made it back from San Diego and seeing their new grandson.  It'll be nice to have them back on the dock, but their boat's still in the yard.  A new motor sailor yacht came in tonight...54' and HUGE!  The new owners, Darlene and Kelly, plan to take it to Australia, which is where he's from.  Now THAT's an ambitious destination!  Costa Rica should be a snap!  
     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment