Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Friday, November 25, 2011

Frog Feet

    Has it really been almost a week since I last posted?  So sorry!  We're still here at the dock and, believe it or not, still doing stuff to the boat!  We're waiting for Mexican charts to arrive, which we can pick up Monday!  We also ordered more jerry cans, which will be here Tuesday.  Daren told me to stop picking departure dates, but I'm thinking Wednesday looks good, weather permitting!
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.  We did, too!  I finished sewing a canvas boarding dog "ladder" for the inflatable dinghy.  This morning, Pete fell overboard, which he hasn't done in weeks!  He must've known I needed him to try it out, and he climbed right into the dinghy using the steps I'd made in the canvas!  Kate here at the marina thinks I should market them to dog lovers, and I have to admit it's a better option that the ones available...big clunky plastic things that cost $200!!  Anybody want to help me with that project?  : )
      Today, we went shopping in Corpus Christi and did our best to stimulate the economy!  We'd forgotten it was Black Friday, but we needed snorkeling gear, and a lobster spear for Daren.  At one dive shop, I tried on a pair of mint green Vibram shoes and fell in love with them and wore them home.  They're like gloves on your feet and make you feel wonderful, like you could walk or jump up a wall...great traction and springy-ness!   But they DO look ridiculous, and make you smile just looking at them!  I took a picture, but will post it later, since my tech support (Daren!) has gone to bed!  I suppose I should, too, as tomorrow's another big day!  Kate and I plan to go to Coastal Bend Health Foods!
     Until soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment