Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wind Generators!

We've been enjoying visiting with Jack and Shelly and their 2 Min Pins, who arrived Monday! They agree that this is about the friendliest town they've visited! It's small so everyone knows everyone, and there's not much to do but be friendly and share meals together! That's a pretty good way to spend time!
Daren and I are a bit discouraged about all this WIND! We met a man at church who's putting up wind generators, and we met several more at Pelican's. This turns out to be a very windy place and a prime area for those things! Yesterday, Lin and Joye gave me a tour of their gorgeous waterfront home . They are a really interesting couple! Everyone we meet here is really interesting. There are potters and teachers and Australians and a man who worked for the NY Times. It amazes me that there are so many professional characters who chose to retire here.
This morning, Daren and I were thinking of going back to the original plan of heading north around the Gulf to the Keys and then down to the Yucatan. Then he pulled up the weather! It's 73 here (and blowing HARD out of the north) and in Rockport, only 59! Still, things should warm up by mid-Feb, and we might head up that way if we don't get a break to cross the Gulf by then.
My Mom had her 90th birthday in Denver last Tuesday, and it was a beautiful day! My MOM'S great, and I was wishing I could just blink myself there to give her a big hug! Maybe someday we'll be able to travel that easily!
Pete's still not eating much, and we keep trying EVERYTHING he might eat! I thought he'd eat chicken liver and cooked up 3 # of the nasty stuff, but he turned it down!! We still pour honey down his throat 2 or 3X day, and Daren ordered some liquid food (Stat) that's made for animals who won't eat! I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your continuing prayers and e-mails!

No comments:

Post a Comment