Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Saturday, September 22, 2012

At Home in Marathon!!

Last Sunday, Daren and I realized that we really DO like it here in Marathon! I keep hearing that old Jimmy Buffet song in my head... "I Have Found Me a Home..." and may even get myself a "big red bike"! It's nice not needing a car and having a private island for Libby to run on...if I can just keep her ON it and out of the water! $300/month for a city mooring is actually a pretty good deal in Florida, and there'll be no anchor-anxiety. With Daren commuting for awhile (depending on the Election results!), it makes sense to stay in the States. He loves Southwest Airlines, and they're starting service to Key West November 1st, so we may move back there. The Keys will be hard to beat in the winter....we're below 25 degrees latitude. For comparison, Stuart's above 27, Rockport's at 28, and San Diego's at 33! Not that latitude is everything, but neither of us like the cold and got rid of our winter clothes!! We've sure enjoyed Daren's time off. Summer's officially over, so it's cooled down and we're having wind and rain. Sorry the blog kind of bogged down! I'll let you know when we next move the boat! In the meantime, have fun, stay well, and keep praying for our Country!

No comments:

Post a Comment