Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Denver and Florida Road Trip

Mom had a massive stroke on Mary's birthday, Monday April 15th, and Daren insisted on flying me out to Denver on Thursday, the day after he got home from CA! It was a great visit, under the circumstances and in spite of snow! Mom is out of the hospital and happy in her new nursing-care room. Everyone's really nice there, and most of the staff know her since she's lived on the assisted living side for several years. It was sure good to see Mom! She's doing SO much better and miraculously, her paralysis went away! All 4 of us daughters were there, and I got to see 2 out of 4 of our nieces, too. It was a nice family reunion! Daren & Libby picked me up at FLL Monday and we drove up to see boat friends in Stuart and Green Cove Springs (near St. Augustine). Daren is so sweet! He thought I'd need cheering up, and it was also a birthday road trip, since he's going to miss my big 60th birthday May 3rd! We had a great time, although it was pretty cold in St. Augustine and Green Cove Springs! I had to get my Colorado clothes back out! It was a whirlwind trip and we got home Thursday night. Daren added more insulation to the fridge, but still plans to buy a new one. At least the old one's back together and working! He left this morning, and I still have 2 cushions to sew, but they're the tricky ones. It's nice to be home again, but it's better when Daren's home, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment