Goin' South

Goin' South
On the Gulf Coast Waterway 11-2011

Friday, April 5, 2013

Weather

Daren's back in Modesto, after a weather delay that stuck him in Austin Tuesday night! Last night, we were expecting a big blow here in Marathon, but it didn't hit until 3 AM! We were hunkered down and fine, but Libby was terrified by the loud thunder, and wanted up in the V-berth with me. That's always been the one place she's not allowed, but she looked so pitiful I helped her up and played music on my little radio to calm her down! She was quite comfy this morning, snoring softly as I had my tea and read in bed. We listened to the Marathon Cruisers' net on VHF 68 at 9 am, to learn that a 30 ft Catalina was dis-masted here last night! YIKES! There was a huge group to help get the mast back on deck this morning. This is a very helpful place, and apparently, the owner is fine, as well as his macaw! There's an open FB page called "Boot Key Harbor Cruisers", and was told there'll be photos posted this afternoon. Libby and I came to shore this morning before more rain hit, and are planning to sew a couple sail bags and a propane cover if and when we get off the computer! : ) My friend Michelle, with the cool blog, showed me how to put the photos in the right place, instead of off to the side. Like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment